the siege of Sri Anandpur Sahib and waging holy battles
of Chamkaur and Muktsar the Great Guru - Sri
Guru Gobind Singh Ji consecrated the highest of the high "Takht"
Sri Damdama Sahib with a supernal touch of his holy
feet for the first time in 1705 A.D. The place where the Great
Guru took rest and untied his yarn-woven back-belt came to be
known as Takht Sri Damdama Sahib. It was at this holy
place that Chaudhary Dhalla was baptised by the Great Guru
with nectar (Amrit). Before his pilgrimage to Deccan,
the Great Guru had incorporated the 'Bani' (the sacred
word) of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib in Sri Guru
Granth Sahib. The task was undertaken by martyr Bhai Mani
Singh, thereby perfecting the corpus of Sri Guru Granth
Sahib Ji. Under the auspices of Martyr Baba Deep Singh
Ji, the task of teaching and learning 'Gurbani' was
taken up. For the purpose of writing and analysing the 'Shabad'
critically, a religious-cum-academic centre was set up. At
once Baba Deep Singh was raised to the position of
chief ministrant of the place.
In 1960 A.D. the administration of this sacrosanct place was
taken over by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
At the time, Sant Harchand
Singh Longowal was installed as a Jathedar. This holy "Takht"
marked the end of polemics consequent upon the work "We are
Not Hindus" of Bhai Kahan Singh Ji Nabha.
Gurdwara Manji Sahib, Gurdwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib,
Gurdwara Likhansar Sahib, Gurdwara Jand Sahib, Gurdwara Nanak
Sar, Baba Deep Singh Ji and so on are worthy of homage.